Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Surprise for Mom

Wow! Steve went from having no idea what to get me for Christmas, to giving me my present a week early. (He had no choice. We have to use it for 10 days before we register the warrenty.) And what a gift!


I was thinking about a new pair of pajammas or a thermos, (and I have to confess that I already bought myself a new pair of longjohns) but he and Jonas got me a new tablet computer! It's nowhere near the top of the line but it solves the problem of fighting with Jonas for time on my computer when he's awake, and not being able to do enough with my handheld.

I'm not a technology girl but this thing is really cool. I can do everything that I could do on my desktop and more - AND I can do it anywhere.  Now I can do Scout work, blog, check Facebook, read, take and edit pictures, listen to music, watch videos, surf the net, check Jonas's class website and write my endless notes, all in the comfort of my bed after I put Jonas to bed at night. Hooray!

As an added bonus it also has voice recognition software. I have arthritis in my hands and it makes typing increasingly difficult. My hubby. He's so thoughtful!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment