Friday, December 16, 2011

A Gift for Myself

For the last few years we've been living on a very tight budget and have been working hard to reduce our debts and lighten the load. We have everyhing we need and though it's taken some time to adjust to it, we're getting pretty good at stretching our money and finding creative soloutions to challenges like Christmas shopping. We've always been blesssed to have presents to give to our loved ones and, of course, the little guy that lives with us and still believes in ALL the magic of Christmas.

The belt tightening is paying off. The shopping for our kids, nieces and nephews is done, and we've put money aside for new snow tires on both vehicles and to fix the power steering in my car. We've spent a little more on the kids than we usually do and it feels great to be able to do that, especially when they're used to not being overindulged and are always genuinely grateful for what they receive.

What I hadn't anticipated was Steve asking me the other day what I want for Christmas. It really stumped me. We've got a little extra money to spend so I've been thinking of the perfect gift to get him and something for myself hasn't crossed my mind. I don't often shop for myself, especially not for anythng more elaborate than the basics. I'm a pretty simple girl who isn't into shoes, fashion or jewlery and it doesn't take much to make me happy. Steve's looking for a little help though so I'll have to give it some thought.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment