Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Menu Planning

I'm happy to report that I'm almost done my Christmas present shopping and even got a bunch of cards in the mail this morning. Woohookachoo!

Now I'm turning my attention to menu planning for the big day. I am not a baker but I love cooking, especially a big meal for people I love. We're spending Christmas day at our house this year and my mom and brother are joining us. The plan is for us all to wake up at our house on Christmas morning so I need to plan a full day's worth of meals. I'm going with all the family favourites this year so I think I might be strung up if I missed something.

Since the cyber world seems to be bubbling with yummy recipe ideas, I thought I'd share the menu with you as I write my grocery shopping list!

Christmas Morning Breakfast:
  • Banana French Toast (Our traditional Christmas breakfast for several years now and one of the only things I look forward to baking.)
    http://www.sunmaid.com/recipes/recipe/Banana_French_Toast.html
  • Nana's Fruit Salad
    (This recipe was handed down from my Grandma Lillie: Mandarine oranges + apples + bananas + grapes + berries + juice from mandarines)
Finger Foods for the day:
  • Mrs. Barker's Homemade Cheese Ball and Crackers
    (This recipe handed down from a high school best friend's mom: 1 pack Imperial cheese *that red plastic container with the black lid that you've always wondered about + 1 pack cream cheese + 1 small container sour cream + 2 or 3 green onions)
  • Steve's Amazing Layered Nacho Dip
    (This is a Blanchard Family Favourite, invented, I think, by Steve's mom: Salsa + sour cream mixed with cream cheese + green onions + grated cheddar)
  • Peel and eat shrimp
    (Another Blanchard family favourite)
Turkey Dinner:
Treats:

Oh! I'd better not forget the egg nog!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment