Thursday, December 27, 2012

Happy Holidays!


Happy Holidays, my friends!

It's December 27th, and it was back to work for me for a couple of days, before a little break to ring in the New Year. (Less than 2 weeks to go until I go on Mat Leave!) The Christmas vacation of the last 5 days has been wonderful. I didn't get my Christmas cards out. I ignored my blog. I didn't get my gifts wrapped all fancy and crafty-like. Actually, I didn't do much of anything. I took my doctor's and hubby's advice and just relaxed. Heck, I barely even picked up the camera.

Jonas took his turns in the kitchen too.
Here he is making is soon to be famous cranberry sauce.
I did make the stuffing, cram it in the bird and wack it all in the oven on Christmas morning. After that, I left just about everything to somebody else. I have to admit that it was sort of surreal at the beginning, but I could certainly get used to being waited on hand and foot. Of course, there's only a few weeks left until BGB's expected arrival, and that overwhelming feeling of never sitting down and never getting any sleep so I'm taking advantage of all the down-time I can get.

At almost 36 weeks now, BGB seems content in there. She's doing well. I'm getting stronger and more frequent braxton-hicks contractions but even though it seems she's trying to wiggle her way out sometimes, it looks like we've got a little while longer to wait before we meet her.

In the meanwhile, we've decided that the next week or so is going to be all about spending quality time with Jonas. Even though both Steve and I have to work, our schedules are pretty flexible, especially Steve's. The two of them have been spending gobs of time playing together and it's been pretty amazing to witness. They arrived home this afternoon, GT Snow Racer in tow, with HUGE smiles on their faces, and that couldn't have made me happier. Hopefully tomorrow, I can get out there and watch them go.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment