Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Groceries

Today is our annual Christmas potluck bagel buffet at work. We don't have a very big team but we sure can eat! As I shopped for my contribution, I couldn't help but think of my own Christmas grocery list. There are only 5 of us at our house this year, and my mom is doing most of the cooking. So, other than the turkey and stuffing for Christmas day and a ham for Boxing Day, I don't have very much shopping to do.

There are some things that are absolutely must haves in our house over the holidays. I think we might have a little 5 person riot on our hands if we left any of them house. Since I seem to be hungry every second of the day, I thought I'd share.

Cheers!

Gingerbread: We always make a gingerbread house on Christmas eve, but...
I got one of these soft gingerbread houses for the office so I picked up a second one for home.
I don't think it's possible to have too much gingerbread, is it?
YUM!
Steve's layered nacho dip
Our nod to the Blanchard family traditions: shrimp ring
Our nod to the Lillie family traditions: My mom's non-bake oatmeal patty cakes
 
A nod to Symonds family traditions: Cranberry gingerale punch
Mandarin oranges

A nod to Uncle Chris: Eggnog + vanilla icecream + the Magic Bullet = YUMMY milkshakes
(Hint: add a little kaluha for extra grown-up YUM!)
A nod to my dad and the Symonds family sweet tooth: Butter tarts
A nod to Steve's dad: Pancakes for Boxing Day breakfast.
This year we're going to try gingerbread pancakes.

Hot chocolate with mini marshmallows.
This year I think I'm going to make a batch in the crock pot and just keep it warm.

Homemade multi-grain bread for Steve's amazing left-over turkey sandwhiches

No comments:

Post a Comment