Tuesday, December 18, 2012

New Camping Goodies

Christmas seems a little anti-climactic this year. Not only has life been put into sharp perspective by the recent tradegy in Newtown, Connecticut, but I feel like we're in a holding pattern, waiting for BGB's safe arrival. This year the only thing that I truly want for Christmas is a healthy baby, in addition to our healthy family. That said, there are four presents under the tree that I'm especially looking forward to opening. I won't get a chance to use them for a while, but I'm REALLY looking forward to the day I do.

It's only December, she's not even born yet, but it seems I've already got cabin fever! As I've mentioned before, camping, hiking, canoing, etc. are things I love, especially when we do them as a family. In fact, I think they're some of the best times we have together as a family. I can't wait to get BGB out there and can only hope that she falls in love with it too. (WOW! I just has my first thought about one-on-one camping trips with her and it made my heart flutter a little bit.) My nesting instincts have kicked in big time over the past week or so, but since I can't get at her room just yet, I'm a little preoccupied with adjusting our camping gear for our new little one.

In case you don't know, I not only love camping, I'm also a little bit of an addict when it comes to camping gear. In a nicely timed twist of fate, I recently won some new goodies to add to the backpack. I'm a member of a group that runs seasonal camping contests, and even though I didn't sleep on the ground in this fall, I did get out and do some hiking and had two amazing weekends with both the Fish N Chix and our Scout group. I posted the pics and the stories and was surprised to win the fall contest. The prize pack is made up of some goodies that will be put to good use, once BGB is ready to hit the trail.

Cheers!

3-man Tarp Tipi
Jonas and I started moving towards tarp camping this year so this is a fabulous addition!

GSI kettle and an Esbit Stove
Esbit stoves are so easy to use and we've been looking for a good new kettle
since we destroyed ours a few years ago, trying to chase away a black bear.

Bacho Laplander Saw
LOVE folding saws and this one is top of the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment