I'm trying to stay optimistic and focus on the fun stuff like baby names, nursery colours and the like. I'm pushing my fears aside but sometimes, when I can't sleep in the middle of the night, they creep back to the forefront of my mind.
Once upon a time, a friend gave me a worry doll from The idea was to tell the doll the things you're worrying about, put the doll under your pillow while you sleep and the doll will take your worries away. I lost that doll years ago, but I thought I could try the same concept here. My blog can be my worry doll. So, here goes!
Other than the obvious memories of Owen, the things I'm worrying about are:
- The likelihood of Downs Syndrome and other disorders is higher for woman over 40, especially since I wasn't trying to get pregnant and not taking folic acid supplements until 3 months into the pregnancy
- I treated my morning sickness and congestion with OTC meds before I knew I was pregnant
- I ate raw salmon before I knew I was pregnant
- The doctors have recommended an amniocentesis and that scared me before I was ever pregnant
- How are we going to afford maternity leave?
- What are we going to do about daycare for the baby?
- How are the kids going to react to having a baby in the family?
- We have too many cats and need to find homes for them
- Babies and ADHD kids could be a recipe for disaster. (Tiny little Lego pieces hurt our feet a bit when we step on them but they could choke a baby.)