Sunday, August 19, 2012

Giving Thanks for Amazing Women


Today is my mom's birthday. She and Jonas have spent the week together so when she drops him off today, we're planning a birthday dinner.  I decided to make a good old turkey dinner, not just because I'm craving turkey, but because it seems appropriate to have a sort of Thanksgiving meal on a day when we're celebrating this wonderful woman who gives so much to our family. We're blessed to have such a great mom and Nana.  Happy Birthday Mom!

I had the wonderful dream last night. I was at a gathering of all the wonderful women in my life - my mom, stepmom, mother inlaw, sisters, grandma, aunts, cousins and friends. I work up feeling so blessed to be loved and supported by so many amazing women. It seems fitting to have a meal of thanksgiving to celebrate one of them, the first. Someday I'd like to have a meal like I dreamed of, with all of us sitting around the same table laughing and talking. I know it's impossible because we're so spread apart geographically, but I was thinking about them all as I prepared today's meal. If they read this, I hope they know I'll be raising a glass of cranberry juice to them today. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment