Friday, September 14, 2012

Homework Joy


Wow! It's a turn of events that I never would have expected. I don't know how long it will last so I'm going to enjoy every single moment of it. I'm hesitant to blog about it because that has been the kiss of doom to good news in the past, but I'm just so happy about it that I need to share.

The thing of joy is math. Or rather, Jonas's relationship with it. I  never expected to enjoy math homework so much. It's actually been a highlight of my days this week.
Credit where credit is due: I have had nothing to do with homework this week except being a cheerleader. Jonas and Steve get all the credit, but that's not that part I'm so happy about it. (Though, I am happy about that part too.)

Jonas has had math homework every night this week, something that we've come to dread in our house. This week, though, it's been a very different story. This week he's actually been taking great pride in doing his math homework. No muss. No fuss. Just pride.  It's indescribably wonderful to watch.

Last night, the joy went to a whole new level. Last night, Jonas's confidence soared as I have never seen it soar before. Last night he said "Do you think maybe, if they don't have a tutoring program this year, that maybe I could help the other kids with their math? Could I be a math tutor?"

Wow. Enjoying homework and feeling confident. Awesome!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment