Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thankful Tuesday: Three Things


Three of the many things I am grateful for this week are:
  • The teachers and staff at Jonas's school. They've been really wonderful with him and have worked hard to make accommodations for his special needs, even without an official IEP.  They try their best to help him with the challenges he has and they also celebrate his strengths and successes. They're clearly committed to giving him the support and encouragement he needs to succeed in school.
  • The girls in Jonas's class who stood up for him when some older kids were mimicking his speech on a recent field trip. He didn't notice the boys poking fun at him but he sure felt great knowing that his classmates have his back.
  • Hot Chocolate and Fruit Cake. (What can I say? You either love it or you hate it and I am firmly in the love it camp. There's more of them than us, which works out well because that means I don't have share as often.)  I know that might seem like two things but a piece of fruit cake with a cup of hot chocolate is a guilty pleasure that is part of my end of the night routine at this time of year.

Cheers!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment