Thursday, March 21, 2013

Easter Road Trips

Easter is right around the corner. This year, that means some road trips for us. We opted out of travelling at Christmastime, so we're hitting the road to see family over the next three weekends. It's a chance for Abby to meet her sister, as well as more of her aunts, uncles and cousins. Of course, Jonas, Steve and I are looking forward to seeing everyone too, especially Tasha.

One of the things I love most about these trips is seeing my nieces and nephews. They grow so much between visits. Seeing it happen through pictures on Facebook is great, but it doesn't compare to seeing them in person. My nephew's logic, my niece's charm or the whit of a teenager, for instance, just can't be conveyed in pictures. After all, pictures are meant to preserve memories, not make them.

Of course, we all do the best we can. Between jobs and kids, there aren't enough hours for our day to day routines. Despite our best intentions, we find ourselves letting more time pass between calls and visits than we want. This holiday is another chance for us to make some those memories together and I can't wait. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment