Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Thankful Tuesday: Three Things




The last few days have been status quo for our family. Just our typical, every day life ups and downs.  Kind of like a rollercoaster in the kid's section of the amusement park - it gets your heart rate up and can take your breath away sometimes, but it's not too far up, not too far down, and the bends in the track aren't sharp enough to throw the coaster off the track. Some (not me) might call it boring.

While we've been going through the motions of every day life, close friends of ours recieved devestating, life-altering news a few days ago. The kind that stops the coaster in it's tracks. Boring, it turns out, is a blessing.

This week, 3 of the many things I am grateful for include:
  • Our health. I've been counting my blessings just about every minute. Jonas, Tasha, Steven and I are healthy and so is our immediately family. We're blessed to not be dealing with any life-threatening illness or injuries. Yup, there is some stuff going on with some of us but all of it is manageable right now. For that, I am grateful.
  • My circle of friends. It's pretty incredible to see the circle strengthen to support our friends and their family. It's a helpless feeling to realize that we can't do anything to alter the course of these events. What we can do is support them through it and that's exatly what we're going to do. I'm proud and reassured to be part of that, even though I wish I had a magic wand to fix it all.
  • My husband. I don't want to imagine life without him. The stuff that drives me crazy about him pales in comparison to all the things I love about him.

Hug your loved ones today.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment