Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Back to School Thoughts Already?

I've been a bit preoccupied lately. One of things that has my mind twirling is the thought of back to school. I know it's the middle of summer, and Jonas has only been on vacation for a couple of weeks, but I am determined that, this year, the school year is going to be smoother. We've got about seven weeks left to get ready for it.

One of the trouble areas my Back-to-School To Do List is trying to address is week night meals. Let's face it, mornings and homework are major stressors in our house. Combined with the nights and weekends when we are rushing out of the house to get to Scouts, sometimes getting a healthy dinner made is a big challenge.

My goal this summer is to fill the freezer with prepared meals that we can simply reheat or cook in the crock-pot. I like the strategy of cooking on weekends for the week head but real life gets in the way of that quite often so I'd like to have more of a cushion that a week's worth of meals.

That's the idea anyway. Wish me luck!
Cheers!


A month's worh of complete meals in freezer bags, tupperware or mason jars?
Sounds like heaven to me!
Sadly, this picture is not from my house.
My plan hasn't progressed even this far yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment