Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Thankful Tuesday: Three Things

Three things I'm thankful for this week are...

My Mom. She has the patience of Job when it comes to Jonas. She sat with him for an hour and a half after school today, letting him teach her how to play Lord of the Rings Online, while I made dinner. He loved it and I think she did too. They're building a great relationship with each other and she is such a blessing to us.

Jonas and Nana
I have no idea how she learned anything with hm climbing all over the desk and practically standing on her
but she actually seemed to enjoy it!

My BFFs. I am surrounded by wonderful and cherished friends. Some are stuck with me because we're related, and some stick with me despite this lack of a genetic bond, but all are vital to my sanity. Most live far enough away that I don't see them very often, but they're always there for me with a phone call, an email, or a much needed Girls Night Out. They don't always understand exactly what I'm going through but they understand the toll it takes and they're always at the ready to help with humor, ideas and shoulders to cry on. They never fail to bring me much comfort and a renewed spirit. I often feel that I don't give back as much as I get and I know that I am blessed to have them in my life.



The net. I've found a wonderful resource in the internet. In researching ADHD, I've discovered an on-line community of other moms who, like myself, struggle sometimes to find the answers and support we need. (Check out "A Mom's View of ADHD" and "Easy to Love But Hard to Raise" if you're in the same boat!) This world we're a part of if immense and complex. Knowing that there are other people out there with similar concerns and struggles, who are willing to share their experiences and ideas, is a blessing.

http://www.easytolovebut.com

The only piece of advice I'll offer to anyone who gets overwhelmed by life sometimes, is to look around your village. You'll be amazed at what you might find!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment