Friday, August 26, 2011

Time for a New Vintage

Hello friends!

It's been far too long since I last blogged. I started this blog to help me as a woman, a "stay at home" mom, the mom of a son with ADHD, and as a mom transitioning back into a traditional "job". It was great therapy for me, but it didn't last long. As I got deeper into life and the changes it brought, I reverted back to the mom I used to be,  the one I didn't want to be anymore when I left the corporate world - the one who feels constantly over-stretched, who's desperate to make the most of every moment she can with her family, struggling to live up to her cherished commitments,  and trying to do it all to the exclusion of herself. I don't want to feel that way anymore.

As fall approaches, I find myself growing increasingly anxious. We have a lot of adjusting to do. The way we used to do things just isn't going to work anymore. We have to figure out totally new routines for before and after school, homework, bedtime, family time, Scouts, volunteer time and time with friends and family. In the midst of it all, I have to make time for myself so that I don't feel stretched to the point of snapping all the time. I adore my family and am committed to my volunteer work, but I also need time for me, my friends and my self-development. I'm a better mom, wife and person when I do.

That's where this blog comes in. I'm going to start carving out time for blogging every day. I'm going to use it as a journal to sort through my thoughts and feelings about life, including helping me work toward my goal of not losing myself to all the things I feel compelled to do. I'm going to count on you, my village, to help me stay on track.

It's not going to be easy. I have so many thoughts running around my head that I need to organize, prioritize and make action plans for. I know I'll fall victim to over-committing myself, failing and starting over again. It might take a few tries to find a path that works but, with your help, I'll keep trying!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment